The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The dream of establishing a university in the Land of Israel came true when the
Hebrew University of Jerusalem was established in 1918 and opened in 1925 at a festive
ceremony. Since then, the university continued to grow, with the addition of new
buildings, establishment of new programs and recruitment of outstanding scholars,
researchers and students. 24,000 students are enrolled at the four campuses of the
Hebrew University of Jerusalem: Mount Scopus, Givat-Ram and Ein-Kerem Campuses are
situated within the beautiful landscape of Jerusalem. The Rehovot campus is home
to the Faculty of Agricultural, Food and the Environmental Quality Sciences. The
Jewish National Library is the central library of the University, with the largest
collections of Hebraica and Judaica in the world.
Hebrew University researchers figure at the forefront of international science -
biotechnology, genetic engineering, microbiology, cancer research, astrophysics,
solar energy, computer science, as well as the humanities, including Jewish Studies,
social sciences and law.
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem - Fulfillment of a commitment to excellence.